Your client has a probation officer.
Your client's probation officer can provide an "Affidavit of Identification" that will serve as a form of Secondary ID.
- Encourage your client to ask their probation officer for an "Affidavit of Identification".
- This Affidavit is only valid for 15 days, so you must act quickly once the probation officer issues this document.
- Your client should bring 3 documents - their Affidavit of Identification, Birth Certificate, and third document (e.g. a Social Security card, medical insurance card, bank or credit card, employee ID, or school ID) to a Motor Vehicles Division (MVD) office.
- The MVD charges $12 for a new Arizona State ID. This can be paid in cash, check, or money order.
- The MVD will issue a temporary ID, which is good for 30 days. The permanent card will arrive in the mail within 7-10 business days.
Click here for a list of MVD hours and locations.
If your client's current legal name is different than their birth name because their name changed at marriage, you may need to obtain a marriage certificate as well.
If you still have questions or difficulty obtaining your client's Arizona state ID, please reach out to us at
602-223-3427 or firstname.lastname@example.org